At this time we are sorry to say we are not recruiting for any new positions.
Below we have details on our most recent position and we expect our next opening will be for a very similar role.
Please feel free to follow us on our social media channels, we will always advertise new positions here first (links at the bottom of this page)
Sales & Operations Co-ordinator
Based at offices at Oldberrow Manor Estate, Ullenhall, B95 5PF.
Here at Budgetshippingcontainers.co.uk we sell new and used shipping containers to a huge range of people and industries. Largely sold as cost effective, secure dry storage units our customer can come from almost any industry. We also sell a lot of converted containers for a wide array of project and we sell containers for export grade containers for a number of speciliased export applications.
Started on a shoestring in 2010, the business has enjoyed strong continuous growth and profitability
Set up 6 years ago, the intention is to offer a better informed, more skilled and more helpful service than our competitors. With a very good website we help customers new to the products understand the options and try to offer impartial, practical advice to customers who all want something different from their container.
At the staff level we currently have a single point of contact for our customers, who will deal with the same team member from initial enquiry through to delivery and beyond. We want our staff to take pride in ensuring a good job gets done well and that the customer leaves harpy with the service offered as well as the product they have purchased.
Once trained up we like to give our staff a lot off free reign to choose their own job setups and contractors to ensure the best balance between Price paid, service given and quality of product.
We like to think we work very differently to a lot of companies, we don’t look to offer strong sales bonuses because we want you to work your hardest regardless of incentive, we do however work to a transparent principle on earnings which means if we as a team earn more for the business your wage will go up.
Working as a sales and operations co-ordiantor you will be helping with general day to day enquiries of all kind. Full training will be provided as we expect most candidates will have little to no knowledge of the industry.
We win a lot of work by going out of our way to be better presented and more approachable, helpful and professional than our competitors (as well as ensuring price point is keen). This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Sales Coordinator to join a thriving young company.
You will be our 3rd full time team member, this position has first class development opportunities. Industry experience is helpful but not essential by any means. We do not expect candidates to have industry specific experience (as we work in a very specialised field of the logistics industry).
Day to day jobs involve helping a wide variety of customers source the right export or storage container for their specific use. But we also get the occasional very interesting project come along that you can sink your teeth into. Recent projects include these examples:
- Once up to speed you would be expected to respond to enquiries, help the customer understand the product and choose the right one for them, ensuring the maintenance and development of customer service standards.
- After-sales support to provide a level of service ensuring a smooth delivery
- You will need to be responsible, reliable and have a keen eye for detail. You will be well presented. A very high standard of spoken and written English is essential, as is the ability to deal with a diverse range of enquirers and clients.
- We want our customers to maintain a single point of contact throughout the process, so whilst all training will be provided your capacity to manage a wide range of tasks and manage your own workload is essential, as well as developing long term business relationships
- Outgoing sales calls will form part of the role, this however is a long way from traditional ‘cold calling’.
However of real interest we hope will be the long term development opportunities from this role. We are a young, ambitious and thriving business, we expect to continue our current growth for many years to come. Whilst we can’t make any promises over future development, joining the team now an helping drive and grow the business further will put you in a very good position for long terms carrear development. This may be directorships, help and support or perhaps a business partner starting your own venture or roles within what we hope will be new business areas.
Of course if you’re just looking for a stable, reliable regular potion that allows you to get on with the work and do your job well – we can offer this as well.
- Excellent literacy
- Confident and fluent spoken English
- Good basic maths skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Computer skills: good typing speed, confident around MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Personable friendly personality, excellent phone manor
- Own transport required to get to work (no public transport routes nearby)
Additional Skills of interest include:
- European Languages (Fluent written and spoken)
- WordPress and web design experience
- Experience in container import/export, freight forwarding or haulage marketplace
- Experience with haulage including hiabs, sidelifters and heavy lifting cranes
- Social media management
- Online ecommerce management
- Entrepreneurial flare
- Sales experience
- Purchasing and negotiation experience, track record building and maintaining long term supplier relationships
Salary Negotiable dependent on skills and experience. Anticipated £17-23k starting salary range with uncapped bonus.
- 37.5 hr week (Negotiable).
To apply please send a CV and a covering letting telling us why you would like to join us and why you think you would do well in this role to email@example.com