In 2017 we introduced our Facebook challenge to allow our customers and fans of our Facebook page earn money towards their charity sponsorship activities and local good causes. For 2019 we are pleased to announce we are doubling the amount you can earn, either in cash towards any project (up to £100) or in money off a shipping container purchase with us (Max £200 + VAT discount) Please read below to see how you can apply to have us donate up to cash towards your good cause or money off your shipping container price by taking our Facebook Charity challenge
Once a month we will be offering the chance for a fan of our page to take the opportunity to raise additional cash towards any charity or good cause. This involves us donating £1 for each new like received on our facebook page over an agreed period of time. This is limited to max £100 per go for individuals raising money for a good cause, or up to £200 + VAT for a registered charity, school or community group against the price of a container you are buying from us. Here’s how it works:
Please contact us with details on what you’re doing and why you would like us to help. (max. 500 words please) We are looking to fund one challenge per month from April 2017. Currently we have more slots than people applying.
Please aim to give us a few days notice as a minimum as we may need to agree your window for the challenge and prepare things at our end. (eg a Facebook post to help your efforts)
2) Start the challenge
You get 3 days (72 hours) to complete the challenge, ask your friends, family and followers to like our facebook page. We suggest taking a weekend slot if workable.
3) Collect your sponsorship
For each new like our page receives you get £1 discount (Before VAT) up to the set maximums, or £1 in cash towards your good cause.
Its really is as easy as that! For just giving pages and similar we will donate directly to your giving page, or we look to set up a BACS transfer within a week of your challenge finishing.
Previous Facebook Challenge Successes
Sevenoaks Powerchair Football Club is a disability football club based in Kent, providing people with severe physical disabilities with the opportunity to play the sport of powerchair football at both recreational and competitive levels. SPFC established in 2012 with five players, now the club has grown to 17 players and two teams. Players range from 7 to 26 years old, with more than 50 members now within the club. SPFC became a charity in 2015 in order to continue to provide opportunities for disabled people to access powerchair football.
Sevenoaks recognised they needed secure storage for their powerchairs and approached us for a 20ft shipping container, they decided on one of our refurbished 20ft containers which come painted in your choice of colour so they were able to get the container in their squad colours and are planning on getting their logo on the side. They snapped up our Facebook challenge and did so well they earned a massive £228 off their container purchase!
A well deserving cause and glad we could be of help.
- Maximum Sponsorship values, £100 total value for non-customers, £200 (Before VAT) for customers who are looking for a discount on their container cost.
- Funds can be raised for almost any UK based good cause, charity, local community group as well as major international charities and relief funds.
- The decision on whether an entity is a ‘good cause’ or not and our decision to support them with funds is entirely at our discretion
- We generally don’t’ want to get involved with politics or conflict, we reserve the right to not support any good cause that has major interests in political campaigns.
- You must already be a fan of our Facebook page. If your not please head over to our Facebook page and give us a like before applying.
- You get paid £1 per like regardless of who it is who likes our page (they do not need to be your friends or acquaintances)
- You do not need to be a registered charity, we are happy to support a wide range of good causes. This may include sports and social clubs, community groups and more.
- The final decision on who to support is entirely at our discretion and we reserve the right to amend any of these conditions at any time.
- We count the total change in page likes during your challenge. If our page receives any ‘unlikes’ during the challenge this will go against any total you recieve. You cannot sit there and like and unlike on our page 100 times to get your funding!
To apply please contact us with details on what you’re doing and why you would like us to help. (max. 500 words please) We are looking to fund one challenge per month from April 2017. Should we have too many application we may suspend entries at any time until we can work through the applications already received.
Please remember, our only rule for applications is that you must already be a fan of our Facebook page.
We reserve the right to accept, refuse or restrict entries as we see fit.