20ft (6m) Container Canopy 8m Wide
- 8 Metres of covered space between 2x 20ft shipping containers
- A huge 5 year warranty against general wear and tear
- High Tensile Structural Steel frame complying with BS4360 or EN1000025
- Composite 2 crosswoven HDPE cover, better quality than heavy duty PVC options.
- UV coating (typically white externally/silver internally)
- 70% light transition unlike other more opaque canopies
- Snow loading complies with BS EN 1191-1-3:2003
- Wind Loading Complies with BS EN 1991-1-4:2005
- Relatively simple to build, detailed step by step instructions provided
- High quality construction
Budget Shipping Containers 6m x 8m container canopies are well designed and solid structures. Built and designed for the UK market they allow the user a good amount of covered space at an exceptionally good price. Designed to be erected between two 20ft shipping containers these shelters can provide temporary or permanent covered areas for your location and will usually require no planning permission to erect. They are straightforward to dismantle and relocate as required and full instructions are provided.
Made from 75mm square box sections our canopies are the strongest ones we’ve found on the current UK market. The circular roof design provides additional strength in high winds and allows for snow loading, and the entire structure is built from easy to manage, and cost effective to replace, 2m sections. Allowing for cost effective ongoing maintenance.
The canopy covers are made from super lightweight cross woven High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) some other canopies come with a heavy duty PVC cover which is heavier, less strong and will degrade over time, so we consider this to be the top quality option in the marketplace.
We can also provide an assembly service (at additional cost) however the majority of our customers to date have taken on their own build. Building will require minimum 3 people and you will require the capacity to work safely at heights. You will need to be able to lift components such as the roof arches as high as 8 metres on our largest canopies whilst building.
When erected off two standard height 20ft shipping containers (8’6” high or 2590mm) this 8m wide canopy will stand 3000mm higher than the roofs of the containers at its tallest point offering a good 5590mm from the floor to the tip of the arch.
You can make a taller canopy structure if needed by building this on top of high cube containers (1ft / 30cm taller than standard containers) or these can be built on top of double stacked containers. (If building on top of anything other than standard height containers, you will need to adjust the work heights for equipment required by the same amount as your container height increase)
Basic Assembly Considerations.
You will need to place the shipping containers at the correct widths before starting to build the canopy and the containers must be perfectly parallel. If there is a 6 metre gap between the containers at one and and a 5.5 metre gap at the other end, you will not be able to correctly fit the canopy. The containers should also be as level as they can with each other. – this is advised for basic container operation and is essential with a canopy on the top too! There is some give in the design for a slight slope but you should plan to have these on a flat, level base.
Specialist equipment required
To build this canopy you will require:
- Access to welder or fabricator
- Forklift or telehandler with 8m lift capable of working on the ground on and around your canopy.
- Safe working at height equipment min 6 metres high, eg a scissor lift capable of working on the ground where your shelter is being built.
- Angle Grinder with cutting and grinding blades
- Minimum 3 people required to build.
Step by step assembly instructions are included with each purchase including a complete list of tools needed. The above are the major specialised items that a lot of customers may not have access to.
How will these container canopies perform with UK weather.
Built originally by an australian engineering company, these shelters have been modified and adapted to meet UK and EU legislation and have been in wide use across europe for some years. We’ve met a number of canopy companies over the years and this is the best quality build we have met to date.
In terms of general maintenance its important that the canopy cover remains tightly tensioned at all times. The canopy will not split or fail in high winds, but the circular roof structure can act as a sail. for this reason its important to secure the whole structure, either by anchoring the containers or by adding ballast into the shipping containers. We recommend periodic inspections to ensure the canopy remains well tensioned.
Door and end Wall Options
These canopies can come with a wide range of end wall options.
We can offer fully closed end walls, partial end walls or Dee panels (covered from the level of the container roof line upwards) and we can offer a zip-up end wall which allows for access wia a heavy duty zip opening*
- Partial End Wall to suit 8m canopy £1,475.00+ VAT additional
- Full End Wall to suit 8m canopy £2,075.00+ VAT additional
- Full End Wall with Zip Access Door* to suit 8m canopy £POA*
Full end wall options are all based on standard height (8ft 6 high) shipping containers.
*8mtr zip up door is 6.0m wide x 3.5m high in the centre of the panel.
Delivery excluded from all prices quoted. Installation service available at additional cost.