40ft (12m) Container Canopy 12m Wide
- 12 Metres of covered space between 2x 40ft shipping containers
- 5 year manufacturer warranty
- High Tensile Structural Steel frame complying with BS4360 or EN1000025
- Crosswoven HDPE cover, better quality than heavy duty PVC options.
- UV coating (typically white externally/silver internally)
- 70% light transition unlike other more opaque canopies
- Snow loading complies with BS EN 1191-1-3:2003
- Wind Loading Complies with BS EN 1991-1-4:2005
- Relatively simple to build, detailed step by step instructions provided
- High quality construction
This Super-sized 12m x 12m shipping container canopy is a great way to get a large amount of temporary or semi-permanent covered storage space or working space on almost any site. Designed to fix to 2x 40ft shipping containers (not supplied within the price) these container canopies should class as temporary structures and be exempt from planning permission for most sites in the UK. The can also be dismantled and moved onto the next site as required.
We cannot however provide a blanket guarantee with regards planning issues so if in any doubt please check with your local council in advance.
With the frame made from 75mm square box section, our canopies are the strongest ones we’ve found on the current UK market. The circular roof design adds extra strength in high winds and allows for snow loading. The entire structure is built from easy to manage 2m sections. allowing fort straightforward and cost effective replacement if damaged.
This is a tried and tested design in use at many sites across the UK and europe. We have UK based spares, service and support options in place.
We can also provide a canopy instillation service (at additional cost) however most customers to date have taken on their own build. Building will require minimum 3 people and you will require the capacity to work safely at heights. You will need to be able to lift components such as the roof arches as high as 8 metres on our largest canopies whilst building when being built on a standard height (8ft 6 high) shipping container.
When erected off two standard height 40ft shipping containers (8’6” high or 2590mm) this 12m wide canopy will stand a good 3400mm higher than the tops of the shipping containers at its tallest point offering almost 6 metres from the floor to the tip of the arch (or speaking accurately a huge 5990mm!). Bigger spaces can be built of the canopy is built on top of high cube containers (1ft / 30cm taller) or shipping containers can be double stacked to produce a huge covered space if needed.
If you have a specifically sized item of machinery or similar ot go inside the structure, if you can advise its max height, and the width at that height we can always double check it will fit inside for you before purchase. These canopies can be built on top of high cube shipping containers if you need a little extra height (these are 1ft / 30cm taller than standard shipping containers but otherwise identical) or for huge items these canopies can be built on top of double stacked shipping containers, giving you between 17 and 19 feet clearance below the base of the canopy.
Basic Assembly Considerations.
You will need to place the shipping containers at the correct widths before starting to build the canopy and the containers must be perfectly parallel. If there is a 12 metre gap between the containers at one and and a 11.5 metre gap at the other end, you will not be able to correctly fit the canopy.
The containers should also be as level as they can with each other. – this is advised for basic container operation and is essential with a canopy on the top too! There is some tolerance in the canopy design for a slight slope but you should plan to have these on a flat, level base. if in doubt please flag any concerns with us in advance.
Specialist equipment required
To build this canopy you will require:
- Access to welder or fabricator
- Forklift or telehandler with 8m lift capable of working on the ground on and around your canopy.
- Safe working at height equipment min 6 metres high, eg a scissor lift capable of working on the ground where your shelter is being built. (this is based on building your canopy on a standard height shipping container. If you’re building on top of taller containers, your max work height will need adjusting accordingly)
- Angle Grinder with cutting and grinding blades
- Minimum 3 people required to build.
Step by step assembly instructions are included with each purchase including a complete list of tools needed. The above are the major specialised items that a lot of customers may not have access to.
How will these container canopies perform with UK weather.
Built originally by an Australian engineering company, these shelters have been modified and adapted to meet UK and EU legislation and have been in wide use across Europe for some years.
In terms of general maintenance its important that the canopy cover remains tightly tensioned at all times. The canopy will not split or fail in high winds, but the circular roof structure can act as a sail. for this reason its important to secure the whole structure, either by anchoring the containers or by adding ballast into the shipping containers. We recommend periodic inspections to ensure the canopy remains well tensioned.
Door and end Wall Options
These canopies can come with a wide range of end wall options.
We can offer fully closed end walls, partial end walls or Dee panels (covered from the level of the container roof line upwards) and we can offer a zip-up end wall which allows for access wia a heavy duty zip opening*
- Partial End Wall to suit 12m canopy £1,995.00 + VAT additional
- Full End Wall to suit 12m canopy £2,925.00 + VAT additional
- Full End Wall with Zip Access Door* to suit 12m canopy £POA*
Full end wall options are all based on standard height (8ft 6 high) shipping containers.
*12mtr zip up door is 6.5m wide x 4.5m high in the centre of the panel.
Delivery excluded from all prices quoted. Installation service available at additional cost.