60ft (18m) Container Canopy 20m Wide
- 20 Metres of covered space between 60fts worth of shipping containers (2x 20fts and 2x 40fts or 6x 20fts)
- A huge 5 year warranty against general wear and tear
- High Tensile Structural Steel frame complying with BS4360 or EN1000025
- Composite 2 crosswoven HDPE cover, better quality than heavy duty PVC options.
- UV coating (typically white externally/silver internally)
- 70% light transition unlike other more opaque canopies
- Snow loading complies with BS EN 1191-1-3:2003
- Wind Loading Complies with BS EN 1991-1-4:2005
- Relatively simple to build, detailed step by step instructions provided
- High quality construction
This 18m x 20m shipping container canopy from Budget Shipping Containers has been specially designed to be installed along the length of 3 x 20ft containers (per side) or a 40ft and a 20ft laid end to end, again per side. Providing users with a good solid structure, these canopies have been designed and built for the UK market.
Used only in conjunction with shipping containers, the canopies can be used to create huge amount of covered space within a few days for what on a square metre basis is exceptionally excellent value for money.
This particular canopy will need a total of either 6 x 20ft shipping containers or a combination of 2 x 40ft containers married with 2 x 20ft containers to create a 60ft length to support and anchor the canopy each side.
The canopy rails/framework are some of the strongest we’ve seen so far being made out of 75mm square box-section. And the circular design of the canopy itself provide additional strength in high winds and allows for snow loading. For ease of construction and any on-going maintenance, this canopy is made from 2m sections that are really easy to manage and easy to replace should a panel get damaged.
Whilst our canopies can be easily self-assembled, we do provide an on-site assembly service at an additional cost. Assembly requires 3-people and you’ll need to have an elevating platform to allow you to work safely ay heights and you’ll need to be able to lift some components, like the roof arches, at heights of up to 8 metres.
When installed on top of a single layer of standard height (8ft 6 high) shipping containers, the canopy apex will be about 8 metres from the floor. For full canopy specifications, please ask. Full assembly instructions are provided
Thes structure can be built on top of double stacked shipping containers for additional height if needed, and we can extend the length with our linking klits so this can be any multiple of 20ft long.
For best use we can also modify or covert the shipping containers to the sides as may be required. Office or meeting spaces, welfare facilities or secure tool and equipment storage with electrical points are all common requests.
Basic canopy assembly considerations
First, you need to position the containers at the correct distance apart and parallel to each other before you commence the canopy build. You must also ensure the containers are level (height wise) otherwise, you will not be able to install the canopy correctly. Whilst there is some ‘give’ in the canopy design, its best to ensure the containers are as level as possible.
Equipment required for installation
To install the canopy, you’ll need the following:
- Access to a welder/fabricator
- A forklift or telehandler with a minimum 8m lift capability
- A scissor lift with at least a 6m reach
- An angle grinder with cutting and grinding blades
- A minimum of 3-people
Container canopy performance
Our canopies were designed and built by an engineering company in Australia but, they’ve been modified to meet current UK and European legislation and have been in use in Europe for a number of years.
Its important to check your canopy on a regular basis to ensure the canopy tension is correct.
The canopy will not split in high winds however, the canopy can act like a sail so, its important to ensure the containers are either anchored or filled with ballast.
Door and end Wall Options
- Partial End Wall to suit 20m canopy £8,999.00+ VAT additional
- Full End Wall to suit 20m canopy £13,525.00+ VAT additional
- Full End Wall Access Doors may not always be available to suit 20m canopies £POA
Delivery excluded from all prices quoted. Installation service available at additional cost.