80ft (24m) Container Canopy 20m Wide
- 20 Metres of covered space between 80fts worth of shipping containers each side!
- A huge 5 year warranty against general wear and tear
- High Tensile Structural Steel frame complying with BS4360 or EN1000025
- Composite 2 crosswoven HDPE cover, better quality than heavy duty PVC options.
- UV coating (typically white externally/silver internally)
- 70% light transition unlike other more opaque canopies
- Snow loading complies with BS EN 1191-1-3:2003
- Wind Loading Complies with BS EN 1991-1-4:2005
- Relatively simple to build, detailed step by step instructions provided
- High quality construction
Our 24m x 20m shipping container canopy is the largest canopy that we supply and is designed to fit on two rows of 2 x 40ft shipping containers giving you a massive 480m2 of covered space to work in. Whilst we’ve suggested using 2 x 40ft shipping containers per side, you can use 4 x 20ft shipping containers on each side to suit your requirements.
these structures can also be made even larger if needed. these can be built on top of high cube containers, or even double stacked shipping containers to gain extra height. We can also extend the length with linking kits to be any multiple of 20ft in length. We can also convert and modify the shipping containers to the sides to offer secure tools storage, electrical points or office space as may be required.
Our canopies are well designed and very solid and have been specifically designed to meet current UK regulations and provide a huge amount of covered space for a very low cost and can be easily demounted for use elsewhere.
Designed specifically for use with shipping containers, our canopies provide a temporary or permanent solution and usually, do not require planning permission.
The frame work is made from 75mm square box section and are the strongest canopies available in the UK at this time. When erected, the roof is circular meaning its got good resistance to high winds and allows for snow loading.
The canopy itself is produced in 2m sections making it very easy to assemble and maintain. To assemble the canopy, you can either do it yourself or for an additional cost, we can send our installation team in to facilitate this.
The DIY build will require at least 3-people and a lifting platform for the canopy sections and the installers. The lifter for the canopy sections must be able to go at least 8m high. And when fully erected, your canopy will be about 8m off the ground at its highest point.
If you’d like a copy of the canopy specifications, please let us know,
Basic canopy assembly considerations
Before installing your canopy, please ensure your rows of containers are equidistant and parallel, with the height of each container being level to the next one. You should also ensure the containers are level across their length, width and across the diagonals to ensure the cargo doors open and close with ease.
Equipment required for installation
- Forklift or telehandler with a reach of at least 8m
- A platform such as a scissor lift for the installers to work on at height
- An angle grinder with both grinding and cutting blades
- At least 3-people to help install the canopy
- Container canopy performance
Our shipping container canopies were originally designed by an Australian engineering company but have been modified to comply with current EU and UK legislation. So, these are not a new to the market product and have been in use in Europe for a number of years.
The only general maintenance you need to carry out at fixed intervals is to ensure all nuts and bolts are tight and the tension of the canopy is correct. Whilst the canopy is designed to withstand high winds, it can act very much like a sail so, you must ensure your containers are filled with ballast or they are anchored to the ground.
Door and end Wall Options
- Partial End Wall to suit 20m canopy £8,775.00+ VAT additional
- Full End Wall to suit 20m canopy £12,865.00+ VAT additional
- Full End Wall Access Doors may not always be available to suit 20m canopies £POA
Delivery excluded from all prices quoted. Installation service available at additional cost.