- Easy to use and minimal space occupied
- Very long shelf life
- Each Absorpole holds up to 2 litres of captured moisture â€“ when the pole becomes full it can be taken out and disposed of in the regular waste.
- Environmentally friendly product with no hazardous or toxic materials. 100% Recyclable
- Carbon Neutral product as standard.
- Suitable for everything from textiles and leather to electronics and machinery
- Effective range (-20 degrees C to +80 degrees C)
- Made from 100% recycled plastic
- Online ordering now available for smaller volumes, please see notes at the bottom of this page for online ordering info.Â
|1 - 3
|£22.50 each +VAT
|4 - 10
|£18.50 each +VAT
|11 - 20
|£15.50 each +VAT
|21 or more
|£14.50 each +VAT
Free delivery on this item anywhere in mainland UK.
Estimated delivery time 3-4 working days.
Absorpole is the market leading desiccant or moisture trap for a range of enclosed spaces including shipping containers. These are moisture absorbing products that are used in storage units and containers. They are a really simple and effective method of protecting your goods in storage from potential moisture problems. Absorpoles are very easy to use and designed to be hung on the container wall (so they will not get in the way or take up any valuable storage space). Once opened they start working and will continue to eliminate any moisture from the air for approx. 12 weeks.
You can see a neat video on our Absorpoles here which should tell you all you need to know:
Absorpoles are now Carbon Neutral
As of October 2021, all absorpoles we sell are carbon neutral. There is no difference to the capacity or its effectiveness. The only major change is that the outer case is now grey and not blue to help reduce the carbon cost of manufacture, and make them easier and cheaper to recycle.
The case is also now made from 100% recycled plastic (whereas before it was made from 50% recycled plastic)
You can read more about how this was achieved and the certification in our post about absorpoles now being carbon neutralÂ
More Information on Absorpoles
Absorpoles are moisture absorbing products (desiccants) that are used in storage units and shipping containers worldwide. â€˜Condensationâ€™ and â€˜dampâ€™ are two words people hate associating with containers. There are various options and preventative solutions to reduce (and to some extent completely prevent) moisture build-up within your container (most of which are listed here in our ultimate guide for condensation prevention)
These Absorpoles are ideal for shippers and exporters who want to keep their cargo free of any condensation or moisture damage during their shipment. This could be to help remove moisture from shipments including Textiles and Leather, Wood & Paper products, Pharmaceuticals, Plastic, Glass and Metal, Electronics and Machinery. These shipping container moisture traps are extremely straightforward to use, making them ideal for large cargo shipping operations.
The amount of water can be periodically measured if needed once it has collected in the lower blue collector.
These Absorpoles also work very well for temporary secure storage projects. A common example: keeping your household contents dry when stored inside a shipping container during a house conversion or similar
Absorpoles are the market-leading shipping container moisture traps. Absorpoles are well established and have been in use in the shipping industry for many years. They are a very well tested and reliable product. Due to their length and the hook on top you should not need to use a ladder to install these in a standard height or high cube shipping container.
We recommend that for a 20ft container you use anything from 2-6 Absorpoles and for a 40ft container anything from 6-12 Absorpoles.
- 1x Absorpole Â£22.50 + VAT*
- ’20ft Pack’ (4x Absorpoles) Â£74.00 + VAT (Â£18.50 + VAT each)
- ’40ft Pack’ (8x Absorpoles) Â£148.00 + VAT (Â£18.50 + VAT each)
- ‘Booster Pack’ (12x Absorpoles) Â£186.00 + VAT (Â£15.50 + VAT each)
Please contact us for larger volume orders. There will be additional volume price breaks for large orders but we will not offer online ordering for high value sales.
*All of the above prices include delivery to any UK address, with a typical 3-4 working day delivery.
Disposal of the poles and the collected liquid.
As ever the cover-all line always used is ‘please dispose in accordance with local regulations’ these can change within the UK, however we try and offer more helpful detail here that should be considered general guidance only. The active ingredient is calcium chloride, a type of salt. This is NOT safe to consume or ingest.
Absorpoles are non-toxic and are Ok to dispose of in standard waste. the Calcium Chloride component is not considered hazardous for shipping or storage.
If you are pouring out the liquid, this will be fine to dispose of in any drain that goes into a sewer, but as this can be treated as very strong salt water you should not dispose of large quantities in any drain that does not go into a sewer. In concentrated form it may harm plants and wildlife.
If you with to break them up to recycle the plastic, the calcium chloride solid, as well as the brine should be handled with gloves and splash protection eye wear. You can think of this is a very strong salt. Get the solid on your skin and prolonged contact will strip the moisture from your skin. The same goes for your eyes. In the event of contact with skin wash off thoroughly, and if contact is made with eyes wash with plenty of water.
For very large volume customers we also now have a return to factory scheme, but this is currently only available if buying multiple pallets or more on a regular basis.
Notes for all online orders.
- For payment processing, you will be transferred away from our website to a Elavaon / Opayo portal for card payment processing, and return to our website once this is complete. Elavon are one of the largest 3rd party payment processing firms globally. We and our website have no ability to see your card details.
- Please check your Junk or Spam folders if you do not see a confirmation email after making payment as these automated confirmation emails may get caught by spam filters.
- We currently have a Â£250 + VAT maximum online order. Above this value please contact us and we can raise and send a manual invoice. We will not process multiple orders made online to try and beat the maximum limit
- We donâ€™tâ€™ accept American express cards.
- We can offer manual ordering on any of these items that you can also purchase online. If you prefer to receive a proforma invoice for payment, or if you have any troubles with card payments please contact us and we can process this manually for you.
- Our orders are not fully automated, a member of our team will process this order when we are next in the office.
- Please include a contact number and name for your delivery. We may call this number to confirm the order, and we may not finalise any order until we have spoken to someone on the phone to confirm the order. (we will always email you if there is any problem with your order if we cannot reach you by phone)
- We can only deliver goods to UK customers at this time.
- We will only accept online card payments from credit cards registered in the UK (with a UK billing address). If you have a special case (eg a foreign government procurement card) please contact our office and we can make special arrangements.
- We will never sell your personal information to 3rd parties or spam you with endless sales emails.