Shipping Container Touch Up Paint (5 Litre)
- Genuine marine grade paint
- Apply with brush, roller or spray
- Available to match any RAL colour
- Covers 8m² per litre
- Available in 5 litre or 20 litre sizes
- Semi-gloss finish
- 4 year shelf life (when kept according to manufacturers guidelines)
- Can paint directly onto steel, primer not essential.
- Can be applied in temperatures from 5°c to 50°c, drying time will be affected by low temperatures.
- UK mainland delivery included (excludes highlands)
- Online ordering available, please check online ordering notes at the bottom of the product description
- If you require multiple tins with different colours, please contact us and we will process your order manually
- All paint is made to order, refunds and returns are not commonly available
Free delivery on this item anywhere in the UK.
Estimated delivery time 3-4 working days.
Shipping container touch up paint is the ideal solution to keep a container looking fresh and protected from the elements as part of your annual maintenance routine. This top quality marine grade paint is supplied and delivered at 2-3 working days notice throughout the UK and is ideal to paint over any small scrapes on both new and refurbished shipping containers.
New or ‘one trip’ shipping containers are the best quality shipping container available. But even though they are new quality and have made just one trip into the UK from the factories in China, they will still often have some paint scrapes around the end frames where port equipment has handled them, plus the potential for the odd dink or scrape in other places.
Similarly, while our refurbished containers are freshly repainted it’s also not impossible for small paint scrapes to happen whilst our driver has his chains connected and is lifting if off at your site, plus of course damage or wear may happen from time to time on any shipping container.
If you are after a container that looks as good as it possibly can be and that will last for as long as possible, keeping the paintwork in good order will help significantly with this.
We should mention that painting is purely a cosmetic fix. As shipping containers are built from a special anti-rust alloy of steel called COR-TEN steel, a minor scrape will not start rusting away quickly. When COR-TEN steel is exposed to the elements and a rust layer forms, this rust layer is non-porous (it doesn’t let water through) so the rust itself acts as protection for the rest of the steelwork.
However, plenty of customers would like the guarantee of an immaculate container, and whether buying new or refurbished, the best option for this is to use touch up paint on your container.
Choosing the RAL colour for your touch up paint
When ordering online or even if ordering manually via our office team you will need to specify the RAL colour code for the paint you want. We only use RAL colour codes and we won’t offer to match to a different colour coding system for paint.
You can order any RAL colour code. Standard and common shades will typically be with you 3-5 working days from order when processed before midday. Rare, unusual or unpopular colours may take a day or two longer at times.
There is a link to our RAL colour chart below to give you an idea of the range of options, however we als9o enclose some picture of the most common shades of container that you can try to match to your existing container if you are trying to match the same shade.
If you have purchased a one trip shipping container in the UK it is very likley that is has come in this shade. If you have takes a container that a UK yard has repainted, its still very likley to be one of these 4 shades as these are stock colours for most yards to hold – however there is some variance and we can’t guarantee this. Your supplier should be able to confirm the shade used if there is any doubt.
How to apply our Shipping Container Touch up paint
Our shipping container touch up paint provides good protection against water and abrasion, is flexible, and dries to a hard wearing semi gloss finish.
Primer is not required. Simply ensure that the surface to be painted is clean, dry, and free from old flaking paint or significant rust (surface rust is fine as mentioned above, but make sure the rust surface is smooth for best finish, this is likely more of a consideration on a new container).
Our touch up paint is available in the same choice of RAL colours as we offer for our repainted or refurbished containers, so you’ll be sure to find the shade that you need. If not give us a call – we’ll be happy to help (providing pictures of your container will also help so we can look up existing colour).
Please note that a colour match to existing paint cannot be guaranteed as there are small variations in precise shades between batches. Paint may also not match if the existing colour has faded, which will happen on all shipping containers. A used shipping container (typically 10-15 years old) will certainly have significant fading on the paintwork and it will be near impossible to find an exact paint match.
A complete external repaint for a 20ft container will require approx. 20 litres of paint per coat, for a 40ft container allow 35 litres per coat. These estimates can be reduced by 25% if applying using a spray rather than a brush. You will need to add thinners to the paint if spraying. If repainting in the original colour then one coat is sufficient to give a good coverage, when applying a light colour over a dark one allow for an additional coat. These are approximate values for guidance only, but to be totally clear these values are taken from our yards advice and not our suppliers sales literature (the sales literature suggests you can get twice the coverage than we generally see in practice).
For larger requirements we also offer a 20 litre tub of marine grade paint for shipping containers, or if you are looking at a much bigger order get in touch and we can look at bulk order options for you. Please check the links below for more info on our 20 litre option.
Ordering Shipping Container Paint Online
- For payment processing, you will be transferred away from our website to a Elavaon / Opayo portal for card payment processing, and return to our website once this is complete. Elavon are one of the largest 3rd party payment processing firms globally. We and our website have no ability to see your card details.
- Please check your Junk or Spam folders if you do not see a confirmation email after making payment as these automated confirmation emails may get caught by spam filters.
- We currently have a £250 + VAT maximum online order. Above this value please contact us and we can raise and send a manual invoice. We will not process multiple orders made online to try and beat the maximum limit
- We don’t’ accept American express cards.
- We can offer manual ordering on any of these items that you can also purchase online. If you prefer to receive a proforma invoice for payment, or if you have any troubles with card payments please contact us and we can process this manually for you.
- Our orders are not fully automated, a member of our team will process this order when we are next in the office.
- Please include a contact number and name for your delivery. We may call this number to confirm the order, and we may not finalise any order until we have spoken to someone on the phone to confirm the order. (we will always email you if there is any problem with your order if we cannot reach you by phone)
- We can only deliver goods to UK customers at this time.
- We will only accept online card payments from credit cards registered in the UK (with a UK billing address). If you have a special case (eg a foreign government procurement card) please contact our office and we can make special arrangements.
- We will never sell your personal information to 3rd parties or spam you with endless sales emails.
You may also like…
20ft Shipping Containers (Used)From: £2,100 +VATRead More
20ft Shipping Containers (One Trip / New)From: £3,150 +VATRead More
Shipping container lights (Magnetic fix, Motion sensor)From: £49 +VATRead More
40ft Shipping Container Insulation KitFrom: £450 +VATRead More
20ft Shipping Container Insulation KitFrom: £250 +VATRead More
Shipping Container Touch Up Paint (20 Litre)From: £265 +VATRead More