Application for this recruitment phase will close friday 6th October at 17:00
we do expect to be recruiting for more customer team members in 2024 as we continue to grow, please watch this space. we welcome speculative CVs / applications and will hold them on file until we are next recruiting if you wanted to join our team!
September / October 2023 and we are looking for a new customer services team member.
Customer Services & Internal Sales trainee, Full time, ¬£21.5k Starting, ¬£24k once fully trained (expected after 6 months)
Based at our Head office in Redditch, UK. You must be eligible to work in the UK and within reach of our head office for commuting.
Excellent scope for further salary progression & development of responsibilities in coming years.
No recruitment agencies please, we already have 2 appointed agencies we work with.
Based in Redditch, Budget Shipping Containers is a leading supplier of quality shipping containers established 2011. Due to our consistent organic growth we have relocated into our newly acquired head office premises in central Redditch in 2022, and are inviting you to become part of our exciting journey with this forward thinking company.
We are a fast developing business and this is a unique opportunity to join a growing firm as it begins to scale up.
We like to think we are very different from a lot of other companies to work for. We are very financially¬† secure, we have a very low staff turnover, we pay our suppliers on time or early, and our internal processes are not controlled by banks, insurers or any third parties.¬† We have highly skilled team members doing a wide range of tasks, each managing the entire sales process with the customer from enquiry to delivery and beyond.
We are a small team, with a strong work ethic. We want our team members to be able to take a pride in helping customers get the best solution for their needs, once trained you will be given a lto of freedom in how you choose to setup and operate your jobs, to ensure your customers needs are met.
As a sales and operations trainee you will be part of a successful and motivated team working closely with your customers, traders, hauliers and colleagues delivering in excess of 1000 container deliveries each year. You will be involved with all aspects of the role in securing new business which includes quoting , pipeline management , order management and delivery.
This role does not include cold calling and hard selling. Neither is it a pure telesales role. You are genuinely there to help the customer get the best options available for their project, problem or needs.
Who are you ?
You will have very strong relationship building and communication skills; have well developed time management and prioritisation skills as well as a good Team Payer. If so, this is definitely the opportunity for you. Experience in the shipping container industry is not essential and full training will be provided.
Our focus is on building skills and knowledge to deliver a quality service to our customers to essential highest levels of client satisfaction. Our core values mean that working consultatively with our customers we ensure we match the product to the customer‚Äôs specific needs.
Top level academic results are not necessarily expected (Good written and spoken English as well as strong numeracy are still essential). Good communication, good attention to detail and good ability to understand the customers needs or wants are more important to us. As well as a practical mindset, a large dose of common sense and a strong work ethic. ¬†
What can we offer ?
We are committed to hybrid working arrangements and helping you achieve both the needs of the business and your work-life balance goals. Once trained you will be allowed to work from home for up to 2 days per week.
We have a good range of benefits, a competitive salary, genuine career and salary progression, 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), nest pension scheme, free parking on site, secure bike parking (showers, changing facilities and a staff break out area due for completion¬†by end of 2023) . We are investing heavily in our new office building over the next 3 years to provide what we think will be some of the best quality office premises¬†in the area.¬†
We feel most importantly; we offer a position with scope for long term development, a sense of pride in genuinely helping people and doing a good job, with an employer who will notice and reward effort and hard work.
Customer Services & Internal Sales trainee
Full time, ¬£21.5k Starting, ¬£24k once fully trained (expected after 6 months) + excellent career and salary progression
Reporting to: Business Development manager & Operations manager
Department: Customer Services & Internal Sales
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
You will be responsible for all aspects of customer service and customer care throughout the buying and ordering process when buying a storage container, export spec shipping container or a bespoke converted shipping container.
You will be responsible for helping customers understand the ranges of products available, help them decide on the best options for their project or needs, and then take the booking, process it, be the customer contact throughout this process, as well as offering aftersales care and service.
As a small team, duties will be wide and varied. When we are not as busy with front line customer enquiries, we also expect our front-line team to be involved with updating and maintaining our website, and adding new case study write ups after you complete and interesting or unusual job. Other tasks the business requires will also be called upon, and this may be anything from helping the business development manager build a big VIP quote, to helping water the office pot plants. We all pitch in with whatever the business needs.
- Helping customers with enquiries, advice and quotes from phone and website enquiries.
- Quote follow ups and relationship building with customers.
- Ensuring customers understand important technical details, such as the size and type of delivery truck that needs to access their property to complete a delivery.
- Taking bookings, ordering containers and booking haulage with subcontractors
- Ensuring quotes are sent out promptly and service levels are kept high.
- Ensuring deliveries run well and customers are happy with their experience, helping build positive relationships with longer term or regular customers.
- Maintaining a strong level of communication with customers throughout the process.
- You will need to manage your own jobs pipeline and bank of customers.
- Periodically we expect you to write up case studies of your jobs for our website, and help maintain products and prices on our site
- As your skills evolve, the scope of your responsibilities is likely to develop beyond this point, to potentially include training and helping coach others, processing online orders for container accessories, and helping with any ad hoc duties needed from a small team.
- Any other tasks that may reasonably be required by your manager. As a small team we are all expected to help out where needed.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with customers with the full range of possible backgrounds.
- Our customers may be from different countries and cultures, they may be illiterate, be disabled or occasionally just mean!
- Ability to plan, monitor and maintain large numbers of tasks.
- Strong customer focus
- Honesty and Integrity is a must.
- Willing to learn on the job.
- Cautious, steady approach to learning and starting out.
- Fluent French, Germans or Spanish (Spoken and Written) is not a requirement but may be a strong bonus.
- Detailed understanding of our ranges to help make good recommendations to customers (Full training will be provided)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Relatable, approachable& friendly demeanour.
- Strong numeracy
- Quick Learner
- MS office skills (Word, excel, Outlook, use of Microsoft 365 cloud based services)
- Happy to work in an ever changing and growing team environment.
- Can do attitude, and a willingness to occasionally help with open ended tasks with a broad remit.
- Able to prioritize, manage and work with large volumes of smaller tasks
If you are interested to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, letting us know why you think you’d be good for the position to our firstname.lastname@example.org email address.