20ft Cabin Container
- Super quality cabins made from upcycled 21×9 shipping containers
- Made / converted to order in the UK
- Anti-vandal doors and windows
- Professionally installed electrics
- Lined internally and insulated
- Guaranteed structurally sound and wind & watertight
- External roof mounted spotlights
- All in one structure – exempt from planning permission in most cases.
Introducing our latest product in our shipping container conversions range, the shipping container cabin! The cabin container pictured was purchased by a veterinary practice but it will be perfect for a number of uses including but not limited to: Sports teams, scout groups, community projects, glamping and hospitality, building sites, garden offices and many more!
Each unit is made to order in our UK yards, so the spec is highly customisable. This is the cabin spec offered as standard:
- Made from a used 20ft or 21ft shipping container
- choice of external paint finish (which will be shown on the doors and window shutters)
- Externally clad in pressured treated 6″ x 1″ timber complete with border.
- Cladding overhang/awning with downlighting (see electrics below)
- 4x Double Plug Sockets
- Strip Lighting
- 5x External awning lights with own switch
- 1x Single Light Switch
- 1x Heater, all electrical trunking as required
- 1x Double Glazed aluminium framed sliding windows with our anti-vandal shutters
- 1x Lockable high security personnel access door, supplied with 3 keys
- Power input: 3 pin 240 volt 32 amp blue plug
- Fully insulated walls and ceiling with either Rockwool or Kingspan material
- white or beige 11mm melamine wall finish
This cladded unit has our standard 12-month wind & watertight guarantee, cosmetics of any container prior to conversion are never guaranteed as these are converted used shipping containers (the new/one trip shipping container option available at an additional cost) Our network of crane equipped trucks can also deliver nationwide for an added fee.
Instillation couldn’t be simpler. the unit needs to be level and supported on its 4 base corners. We recommend the unit should be slight raised from the ground to allow for a free airflow underneath (which will ensure the structure lasts as long as possible) As long as we can get our truck alongside the spot you need this unit, we can lift this off and set it down for you.
All shipping containers with electrics from Budget Shipping Containers can come with a Transportable Building Electrical Installation Schedule Certificate – this is an Electrical Test Certificate saying we’ve fitted, plugged in and tested all components on your container at our premise and checked they work (this excludes the ‘electrics pack’ which is a self-fit option on our flat pack containers but these components are manufacture tested and only supplied brand new) You will require a qualified electrician to connect all containers to your own electrics once on site and should you need a further Electrical Certificate specific to your site, the electrician you have installing will be able to provide this test certificate (Formal electrical test certificates are only valid at the address they are undertaken, so we cannot provide this certificate prior delivery.) As standard the Electrical Test Certs we supply will be a carbon copy of the signed document typically inside the container. Copies may be available on request.
At Budget Shipping Containers, we can modify and adapt this product to the specifications you want. So, if you’re after something similar to this but with a slightly different conversion spec (different size, different doors, number of windows or different window positions, electrical points mounted in specific places etc.) then we can very easily custom build you a similar unit. For large scale projects or bulk purchase, it may take a little longer to complete but we can assure you of the highest quality of service throughout the process.
We make all of these units at point of order and usually don’t hold stock. The current lead time is 4-6 weeks on a project such as this.