Introducing our latest product in our shipping container conversions range, the shipping container cabin! The cabin container pictured was purchased by a veterinary practice but it will be perfect for a number of uses including but not limited to: Sports teams, scout groups, community projects, glamping and hospitality, building sites, garden offices and many more!
Each unit is made to order in our UK yards, so the spec is highly customisable. This is the cabin spec offered as standard:
- Made from a used 20ft x 8ft shipping container
- 4x Double Plug Sockets
- 1x 3ft Strip Lights
- 5x External awning lights with own switch
- 1x Single Light Switch
- 1x Heater, all electrical trunking as required
- 1x Double Glazed aluminium framed sliding windows with our anti-vandal shutters
- 1x Lockable high security personnel access door, supplied with 3 keys
- Rain cover and Awning
- Power input: 3 pin 240 volt 32 amp blue plug
- Externally clad in pressured treated 6″ x 1″ timber complete with border.
- Fully insulated walls and ceiling with either Rockwool or Kingspan material
- Choice of white or beige 11mm melamine wall finish
- Choice of location of the window and door.
- Can be modified to suit your specifications
This cladded unit has our standard 12-month wind & watertight guarantee, cosmetics of any container prior to conversion are never guaranteed as these are converted used shipping containers (the new/one trip shipping container option available at an additional cost) Our network of crane equipped trucks can also deliver nationwide for an added fee.
Instillation couldn’t be simpler. the unit needs to be level and supported on its 4 base corners. We recommend the unit should be slight raised from the ground to allow for a free airflow underneath (which will ensure the structure lasts as long as possible) As long as we can get our truck alongside the spot you need this unit, we can lift this off and set it down for you. You will need a qualified electrician to install / plug in the electrics and that’s it – you’re now ready to go.
At Budget Shipping Containers, we can modify and adapt this product to the specifications you want. So, if you’re after something similar to this but with a slightly different conversion spec (different size, different doors, number of windows or different window positions, electrical points mounted in specific places etc.) then we can very easily custom build you a similar unit. For large scale projects or bulk purchase, it may take a little longer to complete but we can assure you of the highest quality of service throughout the process.
We make all of these units at point of order and don’t hold stock. The current lead time is 4-6 weeks on a project such as this.