Shipping Container Touch Up Paint (20 Litre)
- Apply with brush, roller or spray
- Available to match any RAL colour
- Covers 8m² per litre
- Available in 5 litre or 20 litre sizes
- Semi-gloss finish
- Extra large quantity for bulk application
- Can paint directly onto steel
- Can be applied in temperatures from 5°c to 50°c, drying time will be affected by low temperatures.
- Delivery included in the price displayed
- Online ordering available, please check the notes at the bottom of the product description for more info.
- If you require multiple tins with different shades, please contact us and we will process your order manually
- All paint is made to order, refunds and returns are not commonly available
Free delivery on this item anywhere in the UK.
Estimated delivery time 3-4 working days.
Shipping Container looking a bit tired? Our shipping container touch up paint improves the look of an older container and can help extend its life. Our top quality marine grade paint can be delivered within a few days to a UK mainland address to help you keep your container looking its best.
Even the newest shipping ‘one trip’ containers are not, technically, new. They will have been made in China and shipped to the UK laden with cargo. As such even these can frequently have small knocks and scrapes in the paintwork when they arrive on-site.
Our refurbished range of containers will have been freshly painted, but even these may have picked up a paint scrape during the loading and unloading from the delivery vehicle. Used containers are delivered in their original colour or shipping line liveries, and will almost certainly have surface rust, non-structural dinks and dents, and previous repairs. A fresh coat of paint can dramatically improve the appearance of these containers and help protect them from the elements. For older containers we would always recommend a dark colour such as blue, green or black, as these show dents etc. less well than light colours and whites.
Maintaining the paintwork will keep your container looking as good as it possibly can do, and help protect from corrosion.
Whilst keeping the paintwork up to scratch will help protect your container, it is worth noting that, as containers are made from COR-TEN steel, the rust that forms on the surface is non-porous and itself helps protect the steel underneath. It will not damage the longevity of your container if you paint over surface rust, but if the rust surface is damaged and pitted you should ensure this is sanded down.
We would suggest buying a pot of shipping container paint when you order a container, having this on hand makes it easy to deal with scrapes and scratches as they occur. It also ensures that the paint on your container will not have faded a lot in the sun before applying your touch up paint.
Choosing the RAL colour for your shipping container paint
When ordering online or even if ordering manually via our office team you will need to specify the RAL colour code for the paint you want. We only use RAL colour codes and we won’t offer to match to a different colour coding system for paint.
You can order any RAL colour code. Standard and common shades will typically be with you 3-5 working days from order when processed before midday. Rare, unusual or unpopular colours may take a day or two longer at times.
There is a link to our RAL colour chart below to give you an idea of the range of options, however we als9o enclose some picture of the most common shades of container that you can try to match to your existing container if you are trying to match the same shade.
If you have purchased a one trip shipping container in the UK it is very likley that is has come in this shade. If you have takes a container that a UK yard has repainted, its still very likley to be one of these 4 shades as these are stock colours for most yards to hold – however there is some variance and we can’t guarantee this. Your supplier should be able to confirm the shade used if there is any doubt. You can click on the images below for enlarged options.
How to apply our Shipping Container Touch up paint.
Our shipping container touch up paint is marine grade and as such provides excellent protection against water and abrasion, is flexible, and dries to a hard wearing semi-gloss finish.
Primer is not required for this type of paint, but you will need to ensure that the surface is clean, dry, and free from old flaking paint or significant rust (surface rust is fine as mentioned above, but make sure the rust surface is smooth, especially important on a new container).
Our touch up paint is available in the same choice of RAL colours as we offer for our repainted or refurbished containers, so you’ll be sure to find the shade that you need. If not give us a call – we’ll be happy to help (providing pictures of your container will also help so we can look up existing colour).
Please note that a colour match to existing paint cannot be guaranteed as there are small variations in precise shades between batches. Paint may also not match if the existing colour has faded which will happen on all shipping containers (but to differing degrees). A used shipping container (typically 10-15 years old) will certainly have significant fading on the paintwork.
A complete external repaint for a 20ft container will require approx 20 litres of paint per coat, for a 40ft container allow 35 litres per coat. These estimates can be reduced by 25% if applying using a spray rather than a brush. You will need to add thinners to the paint if spraying. If repainting in the original colour then one coat is sufficient to give a good coverage, when applying a light colour over a dark one allow for an additional coat.
The 20 litre paint, in any available colour, is £265 +VAT delivered. For orders of 40l or more we can apply a discount of £30 + VAT per 20l drum. Please note that this is a bulk shipment for large jobs, if you are planning to store some paint rather than use it all at once then the 5 litre size is recommended – please check the links below for more info on this option.
Online ordering for Shipping Container Paint
All paint is mixed / made to order and returns and refunds are not commonly available.
- For payment processing, you will be transferred away from our website to a Elavaon / Opayo portal for card payment processing, and return to our website once this is complete. Elavon are one of the largest 3rd party payment processing firms globally. We and our website have no ability to see your card details.
- Please check your Junk or Spam folders if you do not see a confirmation email after making payment as these automated confirmation emails may get caught by spam filters.
- We currently have a £250 + VAT maximum online order. Above this value please contact us and we can raise and send a manual invoice. We will not process multiple orders made online to try and beat the maximum limit
- We don’t’ accept American express cards.
- We can offer manual ordering on any of these items that you can also purchase online. If you prefer to receive a proforma invoice for payment, or if you have any troubles with card payments please contact us and we can process this manually for you.
- Our orders are not fully automated, a member of our team will process this order when we are next in the office.
- Please include a contact number and name for your delivery. We may call this number to confirm the order, and we may not finalise any order until we have spoken to someone on the phone to confirm the order. (we will always email you if there is any problem with your order if we cannot reach you by phone)
- We can only deliver goods to UK customers at this time.
- We will only accept online card payments from credit cards registered in the UK (with a UK billing address). If you have a special case (eg a foreign government procurement card) please contact our office and we can make special arrangements.
- We will never sell your personal information to 3rd parties or spam you with endless sales emails.
You may also like…
20ft Shipping Containers (One Trip / New)From: £3,150 +VATRead More
20ft Shipping Container Insulation KitFrom: £250 +VATRead More
Shipping Container Touch Up Paint (5 Litre)From: £89 +VATRead More
Squire Container PadlocksFrom: £55 +VATRead More
40ft Shipping Container Insulation KitFrom: £450 +VATRead More
20ft shipping container shelving kit 1, 1-sideFrom: £855 +VATRead More