23/03/2020, We will add updates to this post as relevant
Operations and container deliveries at budget shipping containers
Currently we are all working from home but have our office set up as close to normally as possible. We are open 08:30am-7pm as normal to assist with any container enquiries you may have.
Our depots are open as normal and working. Some changes to the day to day operations are being implemented to allow for social distancing measures. Some delays may be experienced if any depots start to have numerous members of staff off sick, but currently the container depot sector is operating largely unaffected. In this scenario delays to repairs and modification are likley to be the first area impacted – but this shoudl not affect our capacity to complete work and deliver it.
Shipping Container Deliveries throughout the Coronavirus Pandemic
Our a hauliers are all operating as close to normal as possible, and deliveries are still being completed. A few measures are being put into place to enable social distancing measures, Please ensure you are happy and comfortable with the below provisions which are ot be expected from the majority of our hauliers going forward
We use a network of approximately 50 key hauliers. Everyone is reacting to this pandemic at the same time and not all of our hauliers currently have the same procedures in place. In any case please expect:
- Please allow drivers to maintain a distance at all times
- Drivers reserve the right to refuse to wait in a shared reception room, waiting room or similar and must be allowed to wait in their cabs if waiting is required
- We please remind customers it is still a legal requirement to provide basic restroom access for delivery drivers on site. Public health England have confirmed that there is no reason to deny access to facilities for anyone not showing symptoms.
- PODs will not be signed by the customer and will be signed by the driver on the sites behalf, taking the name of the person who would have ordinarily signed the POD.
- If and when large number of people are off work sick, this may lead to delays with conversion work and deliveries. this we will have to manage and communicate on a case by case basis. Priority will be given to essential works (eg supplies to the healthcare, food supply, logistics or other key industries).
Planning ahead for potential further lock-down
At present, our business is functioning and we are able to assist with shipping container deliveries as well as supplying our accessories.
The major risk to this is the potential for the government to suspect all but essential business activity.
In this instance, we still expect to remain open and ready for business. We have a number of customers who may have essential requirements for shipping containers (notably we supply a number of MOD suppliers as well as a supplier for the foreign and commonwealth office) – but in addition to this a number of our accessories are required on an ad hoc basis by a number of key industries, such as our Absorpoles may be needed to help store food that may otherwise go off. As such we will remain open for all calls and enquiries – but we may need to restrict our activity in line with government advice, if this advice changes.
If in this event you are planning a long term project or conversion, or even if you want to ask any simple questions on shipping containers; you will still be very welcome to give us a call to discuss your ideas – we will likley be very happy for the call!
Do you need a shipping container?
Budgetshippingcontainers.co.uk offer the UK’s largest online range of shipping containers for sale with a nationwide network of storage and conversion yards and crane equipped delivery vehicles.
If you need a shipping container feel free to browse our online range of shipping containers for sale, which also includes our ranges of flat pack sheds, container canopies and more. You can also call us on freephone 0808 1234 215 any time 9am – 7pm weekdays and our team will be happy to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, you can use our online shipping container quote form or request a telephone callback. In both cases we aim to get back to you within 1-2 working hours (may take longer for more detailed quotes).